River Edge Sexual Harassment Attorney
New Jersey Lawyer for Victims of Sexual Harassment
Have unwanted sexual advances turned your job site into a hostile work environment? Are you being subjected to offensive touching or comments of a sexual nature on an ongoing basis? Were you demoted, wrongfully terminated or passed over for promotion because you refused to agree to your supervisor's requests of a sexual nature?
You may be the victim of sexual harassment, a form of illegal workplace discrimination. Please contact me, employment law attorney Stephen Roger Bosin, to discuss your concerns. I pursue lawsuits to force harassers or their insurance companies to pay financial compensation to victims of sexual harassment.
The Forms of Harassment
There are two forms of sexual harassment: unwelcome sexual advances and sexual harassment. In whatever way you are being affected, my firm can help.
- The first type involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, inappropriate comments, jokes, indecent exposure and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that is severe and pervasive.
- The second is called "quid pro quo" sexual harassment and involves retaliation. Unless the victim agrees to submit to the harasser's conduct or requests, he or she will be wrongfully fired or face discrimination in employment decisions such as promotions.
Unwanted conduct can be termed sexual harassment if it unreasonably interferes with your work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive workplace.
Five Facts About Sexual Harassment
1. The victim or the harasser can be a man or a woman. Victim and harasser can be of the same sex.
2. The harasser can be your supervisor, someone else's supervisor, a co-worker or a non-employee of the company.
3. Anyone who is affected by the offensive conduct is considered a victim of sexual harassment, even if he or she is not the person who is harassed.
4. You do not have to be fired or demoted to be a victim of sexual harassment.
5. It is only harassment if the conduct is unwelcome.
If you believe you are the victim of sexual harassment, please contact my law firm for a free phone consultation. We can discuss your options for pursuing a harassment or wrongful termination claim and obtaining compensation for what you have suffered.