Workplace Sexual Harassment Lawyer in Hackensack
Defending Sexual Harassment Victims in Hackensack, Englewood & Fort Lee
Have unwanted sexual advances turned your job site into a hostile work environment? You may be the victim of sexual harassment, a form of illegal workplace discrimination.
Please contact The Law Office Of Stephen Roger Bosin at (201) 371-9934 to discuss your concerns. I pursue lawsuits to force harassers or their insurance companies to pay financial compensation to victims of sexual harassment.
Forms of Sexual Harassment
There are two forms of sexual harassment: unwelcome sexual advances and sexual harassment. In whatever way you are being affected, my firm can help.
The first type involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, inappropriate comments, jokes, indecent exposure, and any other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that is severe and pervasive.
The second is called “quid pro quo” sexual harassment and involves retaliation. Unless the victim agrees to submit to the harasser’s conduct or requests, he or she will be wrongfully fired or faces discrimination in employment decisions such as promotions.
Unwanted conduct can be termed sexual harassment if it unreasonably interferes with your work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive workplace.
Understanding Your Rights in a Sexual Harassment Case
Dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace can be a distressing and challenging experience. At The Law Office Of Stephen Roger Bosin, we are dedicated to defending the rights of sexual harassment victims and ensuring they receive the justice they deserve. It is important to understand your rights in a sexual harassment case, as this knowledge can empower you to take appropriate action.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Legal protections: Federal and state laws protect employees from sexual harassment in the workplace. These laws prohibit unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Hostile work environment: Sexual harassment can create a hostile work environment, making it difficult for victims to perform their job duties. If you are experiencing unwelcome sexual advances, offensive comments, or other inappropriate behavior that interferes with your work, you may have a valid claim.
- Reporting procedures: It is important to follow your company's reporting procedures when experiencing sexual harassment. This typically involves reporting the incident to a supervisor, human resources department, or designated individual within the organization.
- Documenting evidence: Keep a record of any incidents of sexual harassment, including dates, times, locations, and individuals involved. This documentation can be crucial in building a strong case.
- Consulting an attorney: If you believe you have been a victim of sexual harassment, it is advisable to consult with an experienced sexual harassment lawyer. They can assess your situation, explain your legal rights, and guide you through the legal process.
Remember, you do not have to face sexual harassment alone. Our team at The Law Office Of Stephen Roger Bosin is here to provide compassionate support and fight for your rights.
Contact The Law Office Of Stephen Roger Bosin
If you believe you are the victim of sexual harassment, please contact The Law Office Of Stephen Roger Bosin at (201) 371-9934 for a free phone consultation with a lawyer. We can discuss your options for pursuing a harassment or wrongful termination claim and obtaining compensation for what you have suffered. I serve clients in Hackensack, River Edge, Englewood, and Fort Lee.